The land which has been put up for sale in a number of plots is some of the most highly protected land in Hertfordshire.
The planning restrictions on the land are extensive:
* The land is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (Chilterns AONB) – similar protection as National Parks.
* No new housing development is permitted in Little Gaddesden – Dacorum Core Strategy / Local Planning Framework.
* Part of the land is in the Village Conservation Area.
* The land borders a Grade One listed Heritage Asset – The Church. The views of the Church from the rest of the village are considered part of the heritage of the village.
* The Planning Authority, Dacorum Borough Council, have made an Article 4(1) Direction – removing Permitted Development Rights related to fencing, access from Church Road and temporary use of the land.
* The land is agricultural/equestrian land in a rural area.
* The land has numerous footpaths crossing it, including the Chiltern Way.
The Parish Council will always fight plans to build on this historic land.